AWARD-WINNING MOTION GRAPHIC DESIGNER + CINEMATOGRAPHER + VIDEO PRODUCER
Highly creative and technically savvy professional with 8+ years of video production, cinematography and motion graphic design experience. Diverse skill set including creating shooting schedules, directing creative talent, motion graphic design, and video editing.
Emmy Award-winning visual storyteller committed to every pixel on the screen while maintaining strong vision of the big picture. Ability to accelerate brand awareness for world-class brands including Microsoft, Sony BMG, HoloLens and Comedy Central.
Cinematographer: RED Dragon/Scarlet, Canon C100/5D Mark III, MoVI Operator;
Editor: Adobe Creative Suite (After Effects, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator); REDCINE-X PRO;
Motion Graphics Designer: Adobe After Effects
2004 Bellevue College, Bellevue, WA, Majored in Digital Video Production
2015 Telly Award in Visual Effects
2013 Innovation Award (Microsoft)
2010 NATAS Emmy Award Winner
2010 Washington State Patrol Chief’s Coin Award
2008-2009 NATAS Emmy Awards, earned 6 nominations
Video Producer, MICROSOFT, Redmond, WA 2012 – Present
Lead full video production lifecycle for Microsoft products including Windows, HoloLens, Surface, Outlook, XBOX, Skype and Marketing. Shoot, edit and design motion graphics for videos that appear on Windows.com, Microsoft.com, social media platforms (Facebook + YouTube), and in product. Highlights include:
· Produce new video content reaching 400+ million daily users of Windows 10.
· Lead producer and editor for the first ever Windows HoloLens update video.
· Chief designer for style and tone of graphics, including title cards and lower thirds.
· Collaborate with product teams; enhance pre-existing storylines and develop new visual narratives showcasing Microsoft products in realistic, compelling scenarios.
· Coach team of content writers to write effectively for a visual format; co-develop and edit dozens of authentic video scripts per annum.
· Manage on-location shoots, coordinate with PMs, assemble travel schedules, liaise with both clients and talent, and develop ad hoc creative, shots and interviews.
· Proactively liaise with Head of Windows Design and other senior design leadership across Microsoft to enhance content and develop vision for future video projects.
Video Shooter/Editor, TRIBUNE BROADCASTING 2008 – 2012
Sole video shooter for Creative Services and Marketing Department. Shot, edited and designed motion graphics for promos, commercials, marketing campaigns and special projects at Q13 FOX, NW 32 TV and JOEtv. Highlights include:
· Won an Emmy (NATAS) for a single-spot Promotion.
· Designed on-air elements for 3 channels: NW 32 TV, Q13 FOX and JOEtv.
· As part of the WB-to-JOEtv rebrand team, created new logo, video content, motion graphics elements, bumpers, on-air elements and marketing material.
· Photographed anchors’ on-air headshots for use in print ads and billboards.
· Developed all aspects of the on-air look and feel, created new interstitial cards, and designed new branding elements including a branded title.
· Led switch from AVID editing stations to Final Cut Pro. Conducted price/spec efforts for new Apple machines and led training classes for editorial team.
· Spearheaded team-wide upgrade of video, photo and production equipment.
· Received “Employee of the Quarter” Award in 2011.
Director/Cinematographer/Editor, COMEDY CENTRAL/ATOM TV 2010
Co-created sketch comedy project with comedian Kyle Cease.
Motion Graphics Artist/Editor, AGENCY REVOLUTION 2009
Produced single-piece typography motion graphics for company website.
Cinematographer/Director/Editor, SONY BMG/19 ENTERTAINMENT 2007
Directed, shot, produced and edited documentary for American Idol Blake Lewis. Project was successfully sold to SONY and nationally distributed by Wal-Mart.
Freelance Director/Cinematographer/Editor 2007 – Present
Directed, shot and edited high-quality, narrative-rich music videos. Partial list appears below.
· AYO DOT Music Video: Thinking of You; Fame
· Staxx Brothers Music Video: Callin; Warpath
· The Juliettes Music Video: Hooray You’re Gay